As we approach the end of yet another year, we at the MDP office would like to take a moment to reflect on our praises for the year. None of these praises would be possible without first, our Heavenly Father and then our donors. Because MDP is 100% dependent on donations.
- Five girls were sponsored in University
- Two boys and 20 girls were sponsored in secondary school
- Thirty-six children were sponsored in primary school
- Twenty-Six Maasai Lay Pastors were sponsored in the field, with six of them added to our number in 2016
- Out of our 26 lay pastors, 16 are ordained as elders and five as deacons
- Fifty-five souls gave their hearts to the Lord in baptism with 116 currently in baptismal classes
- Fifteen of our former MDP lay pastors have been absorbed by East Kenya Conference as Conference Lay Pastors.
- Three lay pastors are currently in school, two working towards their Bachelors. They attend classes during the holidays and are back in the field of service during the school terms
- We have a new Assistant Matron in the dormitory
- MDP hosted a Mission Trip in May with a group from Florida. During that trip one additional girl was rescued. An additional 3 girls were rescued in 2016
- MDP documentary was made and is currently on YouTube in additional to various short interviews and a promotional video. All of them are available on YouTube and on our website.
- Three University girls were recipients of the Wander Family Scholarship Fund
Ways you can support MDP on your Christmas shopping list:
- Sponsor a child or a lay pastor
- Provide a onetime donation in honor of your loved one
- Donate towards our “Tractor Fund”, we still need $27,000
- Donate for Bibles ($7/Bible), we need 200 Bibles
- Donate for another underground water storage tank for the guesthouse, we need $6,800
- Donate to Wander Family Scholarship Fund for higher education
- Buy your gifts through AmazonSmile, choosing MDP as your “charity of choice”
Ways your school, church or family can be an Ambassador for MDP:
- Sponsor a 5 K run/walk in your community
- Hold a garage sale
- Hold an auction
- Invite MDP to come and speak at your church, school, or event
- Share the MDP videos with your church family, school or organization
- Join an MDP Mission Trip
MDP is looking for the following volunteers:
- Grant Writers
- Social Media
- Graphic Designer
- Public Relations Director
If you sense God calling you to minister for Him in any of these areas, please contact our office at 509-443-5666, or contact us through our website at www.4mdp.org.
May God Bless you each and everyone who have made it possible for MDP to continue its ministry to the Maasai in Kenya, “Giving hope in life and in the eternal life to come”. You are helping to “Save Lives in Kenya, One Child at a Time”.